Florabelle is committed to social responsibility and working with factories who operate with integrity and value the wellbeing of their workers and the environment.
To this end we strive to work with factories who are part of the global move to change conditions, located in countries where national laws protecting workers are inadequate or poorly enforced. Many of our factories work under the following schemes:
- The Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) is a leading supply chain management system that supports companies to drive social compliance and improvements within the factories and farms in their global supply chains.
- BSCI implements the principle international labour standards protecting workers’ rights, such as International Labour Organisation (ILO) conventions and declarations, the United Nations (UN) Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and guidelines for multinational enterprises of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- SEDEX supports companies to overcome the challenge of traceability, implement responsible business practices and manage risks.
- Many of our products are timber – we are working to introduce more products that are from FSC certified forests. These have two key components: FOREST MANAGEMENT (FM) shows the forest managers or owners are managing their forests in a responsible way and meet FSC standards and CHAIN OF CUSTODY (CoC) which provides a guarantee about the production and source of FSC-certified products.
- ISO 9001 provides verification the supplier’s ability to provide products that conform to required standards and quality.
- We obtain information from our factories which includes ensuring freedom of employment, safe and hygienic working conditions, living wage standards, no child labour used and no excessive working hours.